BioVision – Dialysis Tubes
While working with proteins and nucleic acids, it is very often necessary to eliminate small molecular weight substances such as reducing agents [dithiothreitol (DTT), 2-mercaptoethanol (BME), urea], un-reacted crosslinking or labeling reagents (sulfo-SMCC, biotin) and preservatives (sodium azide, thimerosal) that might interfere in subsequent steps of the experimental protocol. Methods such as dialysis and electro-elution (for extraction of nucleic acids from gels) have long been used to purify proteins and nucleic acids. However, these traditional methods are riddled with numerous problems that may lead to tremendous time consumption, sample loss, contamination and high sample dilutions requiring further concentration.
BioVision’s DiaEasy™ Dialyzer tubes product line offers a solution to most of these issues. Our Dialysis tubes come in easy to use sets of 10, 25 and 100 tubes each, catering to different molecular weight cut-offs of 1 kDa, 3.5 kDa, 6-8 kDa, 12-14 kDa, 25 kDa and 50 kDa for different sample volumes ranging from 10 µl to 20 ml. These sets also contain floating racks and/or supporting trays for convenient handling of the tubes in the exchange buffer and electro-elution. The combination of DiaEasy™ Dialyzer tubes and the electro-elution accessories provides a unique tool for extraction of any protein, protein-protein, or protein DNA complexes from non-denaturing and denaturing (SDS) polyacrylamide gels, and for extraction of oligonucleotides, RNA, and DNA from both polyacrylamide and agarose gels. The DiaEasy™ tube’s membranes are ultra-clean, sulfur and heavy metal free and EDTA treated which makes the harvested proteins and nucleic acids suitable for molecular biology experiments. These DiaEasy™ tubes allow rapid, secure and simple loading and recovery. They are very high performance dialysis tubes and are the most convenient, user-friendly dialysis system on the market.
Some applications of these tubes are:
- Dialysis or buffer exchange of six different samples volumes: 10-250 µl, 50-800 µl, 0.1-3 ml, 10 ml, 15 ml and 20 ml.
- High throughput dialysis (using a single beaker with several DiaEasy™ tubes on one floating pad).
- Preparation of protein samples for MALDI-MS.
- Samples concentration.
- Large-scale protein dialysis such as antibodies and recombinant protein purification.
- Peptide dialysis as small as 10 amino acids.
- Virus-particle purification.
- Removal of contaminating micro molecules.
- Tissue culture extracts purification.
- Removal of salts, surfactants, solvents and detergents.
- Complex formation studies (protein-protein, protein-DNA and protein-RNA).
- pH and buffer adjustment of sample solution, protein extract or cell extract.
- 2D gel dots extraction.
- Extraction of proteins, RNA, DNA or oligonucleotides (>20 nt) from polyacrylamide, agarose or any gel matrix in any running buffer.
Some advantages of using these DiaEasy™ Dialyzer tubes are:
- Most convenient, efficient and user-friendly dialysis sets on the market.
- Single step efficient dialysis saves time and eliminates the need for additional equipment.
- Samples pass through the tubes once, eliminating repeated dilutions and concentrations.
- Single step decreases the risk of potential protein aggregation and precipitation and ensures high activity retention.
- Elution times are as low as 10 minutes and range upto 150 minutes based on multiple criteria including the sample content, size and volume.
- These sets are HTP compatible.
In summary, BioVision offers a comprehensive line of DiaEasy™ Dialyzer tubes ideal for single step, efficient dialysis and electroelution of proteins, protein-DNA complexes, oligonucleotides, DNA, and RNA from polyacrylamide and agarose gels, compatible with multiple downstream applications like MALDI-MS, HPLC and numerous functional assays.
Complete list of products click here